Wednesday, July 13, 2011

07.13.11 :: The Post I Dread...

"You don't need to know where you're goin'. You just need to know where you've been!" Mater, Cars

Mater just may be right. In my many attempts to get this right, I've never ever taken photos. I'm embarrassed, ashamed and disgusted by what this looks like. In fact, like Tobias Funke of Arrested Development, I'm practically a Never Nude. I HATE MY BODY. What you see here is actually the most that even my wife, Kate, gets to see.

But it seems like, as painful as this is, this a great step for me. To lay it all out bare (pardon the pun). It helps me come to grips with where I'm starting from. And so, in the future, I can see and know where I've been.

(Warning: Not safe for those with heart conditions or for small children)



P.S. I know the toilet paper roll is empty.

5 comments:

  1. Scott!! You are being BRAVE and that is exactly what it takes to make serious changes. I am proud of you, and I know you have every bit of "umpf" within you to make the changes you want. I love your humor and being someone who has lost 50 lbs + I can tell you when it isn't easy at times you will rely on that humor to help push you through. Keep holding yourself accountable and you will get there my friend! We all think you're awesome anyway!! :) - angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Scott! I am so happy you started this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Proud of you bro. Posting pics are a big step. You WILL do this!

    ZW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scott. You are a really GOOD writer! I'm looking forward to following you on this journey and I'll be praying for you while I do. I'm Fawn's mom by the way :-) and she and Zac are the real deal. You are in for a ride!

    ReplyDelete